October 12, 2010

Pedro Lucero de Godoy

I am a direct descendant of Pedro Lucero de Godoy. Primera Familia ( First Familes) of New Mexico who were members of the original Colonzing Expeditions by the Spanish Crown to New Mexico - Juan Onate Period, 1598-1680, and the Re-conquest of 1692.

Pedro Lucero de Godoy who married wife #2, Francisca Gomez Robledo.  I descend from Francisca G. Robledo.  My Gomez-Robledo lineage were captains of the Viceroy who were soldiers of the Juan Onate Expeditions. These are my 8th grandparents and I am the 11th generation of Pedro Lucero de Godoy. My Spanish ancestors have been in New Mexico for over 400 years. I have trace my Lucero lineage back to the 1500's. The Lucero's, Gomez's, Robledo's were royalist people. They arrived in Santa Fe in the early 1600's.  The Lucero families started with the progenitors, Cristobal Baca, and Pedro Lucero de Godoy. 






4 comments:

  1. Im descendent from Pedro Lucero de Godoy, my family lives in Ciudad Juárez (before El paso del norte)
    I want contact you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, you can contact me at my email: espanarose58@gmail.com. My family also came from Paso del Norte, Chihuahua, Mexico. Do you have a family tree on ancestry.com?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I also am a descendant from Pedro Lucero de Godoy is my 9th Great Grandfather. My Lucero Grandparents lived in Fierro / Hanover also! I've sent you an email.

      Delete

Featured Post

Unas Floricitas

Unas Floricitas By Ben Apodaca You can take the boy out of New Mexico, but you can't take New Mexico out of the boy. There is th...